General Eligibility Requirements
- Student must be a United States citizen or national, or an eligible noncitizen with
- Student must be enrolled as a regular student.
- Student must show demonstrated financial need determined through the approved needs
analysis system each academic year.
- Student must not owe a refund of or be in default on Title IV funds, and sign a certification
to that effect.
- Student must file a Statement of Educational Purpose each academic year.
- Student must be registered with the Selective Service if required, and either confirm
that registration or file a Statement of Registration Status each academic year.
- Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Student may not exceed allowable loan limits under any program.
- Student must complete the verification process if required to do so.
- Student must provide a verified social security number.
- Student must not have had federal benefits suspended or terminated as a result of
a drug conviction.
- Student must be credit worthy if applying for GRAD Plus or alternative loans. For
a complete listing of eligibility requirements, refer to the U.S. Department of Education’s
publication The Student Guide at www.ed.gov/studentaid.